We, as a global community are facing circumstances we never before imagined. I wish to assure all our stakeholders that the team at Oryx Universal College in partnership with Liverpool John Moores University will do our part to standby the communities we serve to survive and thrive through this unprecedented public health crisis.
- Oryx Universal College will deliver our programs through digital means during this battle with the COVID19 pandemic. We will continue to fulfill our commitments to the community; to build the “knowledge future” through high quality education, innovation and research.
- As a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) focused university education provider our college was built with a strong digital strategy from the ground up. As a result, we have seamlessly embraced the changes and are adapting alternative digital media to deliver our courses.
- Empowered by a combination of 3 robust digital platforms for Academic Administration, Learning Management and Remote Collaboration; our teams are working around the clock to ensure that our students commence their studies as planned in April.
- Our admissions and student development team are now able to provide advice and counselling via chat, video calls and remote meetings to any student.
- The learning materials will be made available to students, so they can access them from anywhere and at any time.
- Our lectures will continue as per schedule through remote video conference sessions.
- We will operate within the guidelines of the Supreme Committee for Crisis Management, Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Education and Higher Education of the State of Qatar. OUC is committed to embrace the best practices that have proven to fight the COVID19 within those guidelines in all aspects of our operations. We take this opportunity to thank the respective government authorities, the health care system and volunteers who are working around the clock to ensure the safety and security of the people.
Like many countries, the UK is also facing unprecedented challenges with the lockdown in place due to the alarming spread of COVID19 across the globe. I would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to the colleagues at the Liverpool John Moores University in the UK, for their courage and bravery. They are continuing to support us in all possible ways to help us keep on serving our students while they are working from home.
We urge everyone to take maximum precautions in every aspect of day to day life. To contain the spread of the virus, we must individually and collectively follow the guidelines and rules set by the government and the respective authorities. At the same time every one of us hold the responsibility to continue to be productive contributors to the society and the economy in every possible way.
We request the student community to continue learning – learning is the best investment one could make for a better future. We are in one of the most crucial turning points of the modern history. When we are through this, the world will not be same as what we saw before this pandemic. This is the time to be brave; so, we could redeem our humanity and wisdom.